The Inbox Sentry Virus Scanning Engine provides around the clock virus protection with up to the minute defense against the latest Virus and Worm threats. The system identifies and blocks viruses, worms and other and potentially dangerous email attachment types before they are able to reach your mail server or email users.
All email messages are checked against a database of over 200,000 Virus Definitions. If a virus or other dangerous attachment is detected the Inbox Sentry system will immediately block the message from delivery and send it to the system quarantine. The system automatically receives updates of Spam Filter Rules and Virus Definitions several times per hour providing up to the minute defense against the latest Virus and Worm threats ensuring effective and accurate Spam and Virus Protection.
While other systems have spam detection rates of 40 to 70 percent, the Inbox Sentry system is able to provide high Spam/Virus detection rates of up to 98% or more with very low false positive rates using only the default settings.
These detection rates can be further improved by the automatic self-tuning and learning mechanisms built into the Inbox Sentry system as well as by adjustments made to the Spam Scanning and Filtering engine.
1. Why should I use this external spam filtering service? Doesn't my server already have spam filtering?
2. How does this service work?
3. What happens to messages that are flagged as spam by the spam filtering service?
4. Will I still receive any spam after implementing your service?
5. Do mailbox users have access to a control panel for this filtering system?